Thank you so much Cheryle, writer of Lightwalkers Blog, for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I love your blog and I’ve been having so much fun reading your posts throughout the Blogging 101 course! I’m honored that you chose me to nominate! The idea of the Liebster Award is to help bring attention to less well-known blogs and those who are just starting out in the blogging world.
The Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have less than 200 followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Questions I was asked:
- What always makes you laugh? My friends. Even when I’m having an awful day, they always find a way to make me laugh.
- If you were a color, what color would you be? Grey.
- Where is your favorite place? My room. It’s the only place in my house where I can actually get anything done.
- How long have you been writing, blogging? I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. I’ve been blogging for about a month now.
- Who do you look up to? My family and friends.
- What is your favorite and least favorite personality trait? My favorite is that I’m hard-working. My least favorite is that I’m quite timid and shy.
- What is your most difficult experience? I don’t think I’ve had any really difficult experiences in my life yet.. I guess that’s a good thing!
- What is your favorite word and why? Either existential or affliction. No real reason, I just like how they sound when I say them.
- Who would you be if you were a person in history? No one! I quite like being myself, couldn’t imagine being anyone else.
- What do you look for in a post or a blog? I don’t have a very long attention span (I’m working on lengthening it) so I look for shorter posts about people’s lives and opinions. I also really enjoy art and food blogs, especially ones with good photography. I can’t resist a food blog with tasty looking pictures.
- What has been the best piece of advice you have been given? To enjoy today because tomorrow isn’t promised.
Here are the blogs I nominate:
Amazing World of Mine
The Bubbly Bibliomanic
Insane Like You
Addicted to the Sweet Life
How to be Merri
Gour-Makin’ Me Crazy
The Real Atypical Italian Traveler
- Why do you blog?
- How did you come up with the name for your blog?
- Which of your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
- Do you believe in soul mates?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What are three things you want to do before you die?
- What is one piece of advice you wish someone had given you when you were younger?
- If you had the opportunity to switch lives with someone, would you take it? If so, who would it be?
- What is your definition of identity and what do you believe creates identity?
Wow! Thank you so much, Into the Forgotten for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! This award recognizes the unique voices of women bloggers around the world. I’m honored that you chose to nominate me for such a wonderful award!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Nominate seven blogs.
- Make a list of ten questions for your nominees.
Here are the ten questions I was sent:
These were actually so difficult to answer! I had to really think to answer a few of these.
- If you were musical instrument, what would it be and why? I think I would probably be a flute because I’m very shy around most people but I can be hyper and fast talking and thinking around certain friends.
- What is your guilty pleasure? I sometimes talk to myself or sing when I’m cooking and no one else is in the kitchen. I’m not sure if this counts as a guilty pleasure but it is definitely very awkward when someone walks in on me doing it…
- What is your favourite fictional world/universe? Wonderland, without a doubt.
- Why do you blog? Challenging question. There are a lot of different reasons why I blog. I think the biggest reasons is to find my voice.
- What is your favourite movie of all time and what’s so awesome about that movie? Ok, another hard question. I’m really not so picky about movies so I like almost any movie I watch. I think I’m going to have to say Breakfast at Tiffany’s because it is just such a classic, good hearted movie.
- What is one thing you wish were true but isn’t? I wish I wasn’t cynical. I’m working on it..
- If you could Apparate (that’s right, Harry Potter style) to one place on Earth in this very moment, where would it be? I’m actually very happy where I am, but I’ve always wanted to visit Japan so I’d probably go there, as long as it works both ways and would bring me back after…
- What is your life motto? Life won’t wait.
- Who is your inspiration in life? I’m inspired by people.. Of course I’m inspired by my friends and family but most of all I’m just inspired by the lives around me whether I know them or not. I find people’s actions and the unknown thoughts behind them intriguing.
- What is your current favourite novel and why? Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland has always been my favorite book because of its whimsical charm and underlying thoughtfulness.
Here are my nominees in no particular order:
Babbling C. Brooks
With All My Affection
My Fangirl Universe
At Home with Arwen
Krystal Booth Fine Art
My Questions for You:
- What is your biggest fear and why?
- What are you motivated by?
- What was the last dream you remember?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- If you could sit down and have a conversation with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Do you still have that childhood dream?
- Do you have a bucket list? If so what are the top three items?
- If you could boost one of your five senses, which would it be and why?
- Would you rather die young, or live forever?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Thank you so much Into the Forgotten for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I love your blog and am honored that you chose to nominate me! Thank You!!
Okay so here are the rules:
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 blogs.
- Link your nominees’ blogs and let them know.
Facts about me:
- When I’m stressed, I like to bind books. Because of this hobby all my friends get handmade sketchbooks or notebooks as gifts.
- Alice in Wonderland is my favorite book and I collect copies of it from used book stores.
- I’ve been a vegetarian since middle school. I stopped eating meat on a dare and continued to be a vegetarian after the dare was over.
- My top three bucket list items are to go sky diving, learn to fly a plane, and hike the Appalachian Trail.
- When I was younger, I was scared of people to the point where I would only watch animated films because I was scared of the actors and actresses in movies.
- I love watching sad films but I always cry in the happy parts instead of the sad parts. I have no idea why this is.
- I had a lot of trouble coming up with this list because I don’t think I’m a very interesting person.
My nominees, in no particular order:
The following nominees are my all time favorite blogs. They are inspirational, funny, talented, etc. and I always enjoy seeing what they post.
Drawing the Street
Science, Books and Silly Things
In Pursuit of Contentment
Lydia Ravenhall Photography Blog
Thirsty for Travel
The Loving Llama
An Insight into Interactive Art
Just Another Impurity