Wow, thank you so much Into the Forgotten for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. What a great award! I’m truly honored that you chose to nominate me. My main goal when I began blogging was to gain inspiration and to inspire others so to be nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award is just amazing. Sorry it took me so long to post this. Thank you!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
Facts about me
- When I was younger, I was scared of my reflection. At one point this fear got so bad that I had to cover all the mirrors in my room.
- I only eat the red colored jelly beans.
- My biggest fear is going insane.
- I hate having texting conversations because not being able to see the face of the person I’m talking to makes me anxious.
- In secondary school my friend pushed me and I broke both of my wrists. I’ve never broken any other bones but ever since I’ve had a fear of breaking my wrists again.
- I’ve been white water kayaking twice, in Glacier National park in Montana, and in Maine.
- On vacation in Alaska I came within a few feet of a bear. I was too shocked at the time to be scared.
In no particular order, here are some blogs that I’ve been really enjoying recently and that I’ve been finding a lot of inspiration from.
The Simple Beginner
A Place called Infinity
Stumbling For Balance
Pleased to Meet You: Write a post in which the protagonists of two different books or movies meet for the first time. How do they react to each other? Do they get along?
My cheeks are red from being outside but I’m not outside anymore and I’m not sure when I came in. I’m sitting in the corner of the room watching things move. Everything moves slow, so slow it disappears. I can’t keep track of them anymore. A man in a hat was sitting with me but then he wasn’t and now he is again. I don’t look at him just in case he’s not really there. I’m afraid he’s not really there.
“Are you Alice?”, the man in the hat asks. It’s funny that he would ask that because Alice is a girl’s name and I’m not a girl.
“No, I’m Charlie. You’re not real, the dragon outside wasn’t real either. Am I going mad?”
“We’re all mad here, Alice.”, the man in the hat says smiling. Then he disappears and I’m walking now but I don’t remember getting up. I remember not wanting to be in the house anymore with Sam and Craig and Patrick and Brad in the other rooms, and the walls were too thin so I left but it’s cold outside.
I wonder where the man in the hat went.
Characters are Charlie from the Perks of Being a Wallflower and the Mad Hatter from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Loosely based on the scene in the Perks of Being a Wallflower in which Charlie is given something that causes him to hallucinate.
i am a messy collection of emotions and thoughts and memories, a perfectionist looking for a sort of perfection that does not exist, a designer in constant search for inspiration and beauty, a friend, a daughter, a girl in search of identity.
i am a small town girl (more like middle of no where girl). i am surrounded by trees and long winding roads connecting homes and people and friends. i am not an artist, although i make art, i am not a cook, although i make food, and i am not a musician, although i make music. i am a risk taker and an adventure seeker. i am looking for something new, something bigger, something extraordinary that might or might not exist.
i am trying to find myself, through writing and reading, through meeting new people and seeing new places, through putting myself out there and through being true to myself.
i am me.