it’s officially 2015 and you know what that means! new year’s resolutions!! i am both excited and nervous about the upcoming year, though mostly excited. with a new year comes new opportunities to take and challenges to face. here are a few of my goals for the new year.
- start a blog. so i’ve started one, now comes the challenging part; keeping up with it. i still haven’t quite figured out when blogging will fit into my weekly schedule, given that i’m still in school but i’m sure i’ll find the time. writing is something that is important to me and i realize there is never a “good time” to start a blog. there is always something going on, whether it be school or work or family, so why keep waiting? i’ll do the best i can do, and hopefully i’ll learn something and grow a bit through the process.
- move. i’ve lived in the same town for the majority of my life. a small, sleepy little town in connecticut that hardly anyone’s ever heard of. it’s time for a change. in the upcoming year, i have plans to move, which is both exciting and frightening. i’m not sure exactly where i’m going yet, but i’m ready for whatever awaits and in need for a change of scenery.
- meet new people. this may not seem like much of a new year’s resolution, but it is something that i have to challenge myself to do each year. honestly, i’m more of an introvert. talking to new people does not come naturally to me and i envy those who always seem to know exactly what to say. despite this, i love the new perspectives and ideas that meeting new people brings and it pushes me to become a better rounded person. for these reasons, meeting new people always pops up on my new year’s resolutions list.
- go somewhere new. each year, i push myself to go somewhere i’ve never been before. this past year i spent some time hiking in montana, the year before i spent the summer taking classes in chicago, and the year before that i travelled with a group of friends to peru. it can be tough to plan a trip every year, but it is important to me to get someplace completely new and out of my comfort zone.
- be a thrill seeker. each year, i try to cross at least one thing off of my never ending bucket list. this past year i crossed off white water rafting. this upcoming year, i’m hoping to try going sky diving… maybe. still not so sure how sane i am for choosing that as one of my year’s goals, but i want to do something that will push me way out of my comfort zone and sky diving is defiantly a thrill.
so there are a few of my goals for the new year. i can’t wait to see what life throws my way in the upcoming year. i have a feeling it’s going to be a great year.
i hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2015. happy new year.